Sunday, April 1, 2007

Chatshow - Shake It Down 12''

Well here's the first music post. I'm not really good with descriptions, but nevertheless I really never knew much about Chathshow anyway, but readers can also contribute! What I can say is that this 12'' was released on 1986 through Federation Records under the catalogue number FED 007 and distributed by Red Rhino and The Cartel. Was recorded at V.M. Studios and produced by Chris Baylis. The band has also released 3 more singles, "Dark Skies" (12''), "Noisy High Bad Thing" (12'' & 7'') and "Kings Of Confusion" (12'' & 7'').

Even though I do not know Chatshow from before these records, I do think "Shake It Down" is their best release, while "Dark Skies" is quite good as well.

Tracks are:

01 - Shake It Down
02 - Betrayal
03 - Shake It (Gaddafi Mix)
04 - Junk City

Unfortunately I couldn't find a cover picture to post along with it, but when I have the time to take a picture I will upload the cover too.

Hope this will make many people happy! Grab it here!

I'm looking for any Demo Tapes by Chatshow and/or the live Tapes that were on sale, such as live at the Hacienda, Manchester, 1984. If anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated! Any extra info on the band is also welcome.

Next post will be Dreamgrinder's Deep & Shallows, requested by English Paul of Texas Jumblesales (as a thank you for the Honeymoon Hunt demo!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the comments on Texas Jumblesales - glad you are enjoying the posts in particular the Honeymoon Hunt demo. If you are interested I have some Chatshow demos on a tape somewhere here....

And I can't thank you enough for the Dreamgrinder 12" which I am downloading right now. THANK YOU!!!!

Highlander said...

Welcome Exael and thanks for the Chatshow and Dreamgrinder Ep's, much appreciated. Have added a link to 1978 Attic over at Cactus Mouth Informer.

Anonymous said...

Can you upload again this release ?

sleeve here:
http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/ba/8c/f476_1.JPG

Anonymous said...

Ditto Been looking for these tunes for a while now and struggling to find....please can you upload again? K